Friday, February 7, 2014

walk away...keep stepping back...do not put that in your mouth

I didn't get the chance to write something before I went in to work last night but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to share...it simply means there are not enough hours in the day to complete everything I wish I could! Wednesday evening into Thursday morning while staying up before going to bed for work Thursday morning I had to fight off the temptation to eat everything in site! I don't know that there was a particular trigger I was simply working on a school assignment and I got to thinking about the stresses of school, then I started thinking about my weight loss and how much farther I have to go (please understand I'm happy with my progress, I know I didn't get here overnight and I can't change overnight) and I just became overwhelmed. So...I logged into MFP (myfitnesspal app), looked at how many calories I had to spare, realized I didn't have any calories to spare! So I told my self, "walk away...keep stepping back...do not put that in your mouth... grabbed an enormous glass of water, chugged it, got onto my computer, turned on music and did a little jig in my living room! HA! What a site! I think I looked like a mad woman but I don't care because I did not let my urge to binge defeat me! Hallelujah! All I could think is how much farther I would have if I was the 50+ pound heavier girl I was and while I still had to actively fight against my urge the need to eat everything in sight eventually subsided! 

I really don't think about my ultimate goal at this point because that's just too overwhelming. Right now I just take everything ten pounds at a time! My goal right now is to say goodbye to the 260's!! I'm glad I didn't give in to the temptation to binge eat but I still get frustrated dealing with the overwhelming need to stuff my face with anything and everything. I have a feeling that binges will be a lifelong challenge so all I can do is take it one day at a time! :D




Yesterday was my cross-training day. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 17 minutes of weight lifting. Then I rushed to get ready for work. I packed a lunch for work but ended up buying the "healthy burger" they had in the cafeteria. It was actually pretty good. It was basically a salad with a hamburger thrown on top! That sounded a little more appetizing than the tuna salad I had brought with me! :D 

I'm thankful today I just get to rest (aside from my plank and crunches challenge that I have to do)! That means this girl gets to sleep in! 6 hours of sleep here I come! I wish I had something more exciting to share but I'm too tired from the night to think straight! Hahaha...and I could be your nurse...

Oh...I almost forgot...so it sounds like several people may be interested in joining my Dirty Dash team. I'm finalizing names so that people can register under my team before the 2/14 cheap price goes up...so my name ideas so far: Dirt for Dessert, Did Someone Say Brownies?, A La Mud, Mind over Mudder...and that's the best I've come up with! Ideas, opinions, likes or dislikes welcome!!

2 comments:

  1. Did someone say brownies!! I cracked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Maggie! I don't know if you remember me-I am Lexi and I knew you when we were kids. Your brother Ben comes a lot to our church on Wednesdays, because our Pastor and his son work with him at the Armory. Anyway either your brother, or someone else, posted you link on Facebook and that is how I found this! Just wanted to pop in say, GREAT JOB, keep at it and I am praying for you on this incredible journey. And, just for what it is worth, I see the pictures you post here and what I come away with is a sense of how BEAUTIFUL you are. Really! So have fun on your journey to health!
    Oh-and my mom, Cindy is here, and she just said that she was randomly praying for you this morning! Wow!

    ReplyDelete