Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Goodbye 270's

Alright, first public weigh in! Today I said goodbye to the 270's and hello 269.6!! That's so weird for me to write, my dyslexic self, and the doubter in me tries to write 296, but I'm so glad and happy that would be wrong!! :) I would like to get to 250 by the time I run/walk my half-marathon relay which is in 6 weeks and 4 days. That would mean I would have to lose about 3 pounds a week. I've been consistently losing about 2 pounds a week so three pounds is pushing it but time will tell!!

Today it has been snowing in Albuquerque, so while I could've ran outside (it wasn't sticking to the ground or particularly heavy) I opted to run on the treadmill at my apartment's gym. I have a love/hate relationship with the treadmill. I made a little chart to give you an idea of my relationship that I have with the treadmill, or as I've heard it referred to as...the dreadmill!


LOVE:
HATE:
I can set it to a pace and just go, no thinking about how fast I’m actually running
For the life of me I cannot run straight on a treadmill, I look like I’ve had one too many to drink!
I can go at any time…there are some days that I can’t run until late in the evening and it’s nice that I don’t have to worry about running outside in the dark, by myself!
My apt has the gym set up so the treadmill is in front of a wall!!! UGH! No TV, no window (except to the left), not even a mirror (it’s saying something when I would rather watch myself run than stare at a wall for 40+ minutes)!!!
There’s no excuse for me not to go workout!
I try so hard not to watch my time, but there are days when it seems like one minute lasts 3+ minutes because I keep looking at the darn timer!
There’s WIFI in the gym so that means I get to listen to Pandora while I run!! :D
There’s no gentle breeze blowing in your face like there is when you’re outside!

To make the treadmill a little more tolerable today I took my laptop and watched the season finale of biggest loser while I ran! Now if that doesn't motivate you, then I don't know what does! 

One last thought, today I got an email that the dirty dash registration is open! I'm super excited about that. I have gone the last two years and plan to go again this year! It's always so much fun and a great workout! Now I just have to think of a team name...hmmm...when I think of a name I will let you all know and you are more than welcome to join me!! My friend Krystal has done it each year with me too and last year my little sister Abbie joined us! Once you go muddy you never go back!! Registration is only $35 until 2/14!!! The race is August 23!! Here's a couple picture from my past dirty dashes! 

2013 Dirty Dash (Krystal, Me, Abbie)

Before the DD!

2012 Dirty Dash!!

How can you not just want to roll around in that?



4 comments:

  1. I'll do it with you this year!! Let's start a nurses team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both years were so much fun! The first year I did it I was 20 pounds heavier! The past year I had lost 20 pounds so i think it will be my goal to be another 20 pounds smaller! I'm super excited for this!

    ReplyDelete