Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Weigh In!!! (you know it's good when there's exclamation marks!)

I knew I had a good weigh in coming up. I felt it in my skull, my ribcage, and in my heart!! I'm happy to say I will be going on a shopping spree...to REI...to purchase a Garmin! As you all know that means I am under 250 pounds!!!! Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it! Today I weighed in at 249.6!!! I honestly did not think that I was going to make it under 250 this week...I thought at most I would be at 251 which would mean next week would be THE week, but no...I surprised myself! That means I lost 5 pounds this week and this puts me at a total weight loss of 69.4 pounds! When I hit 75 pounds lost I will officially be halfway to my goal weight! :D I re-weighed myself about 5 times this morning, showed my little sister, Abbie, and then took a picture as proof!!! 

HOLY SMOKES!!!!
I truly cannot remember the last time I was under 250 pounds. I really believe I am smaller now than I was in high school! So not only did I have a great weigh in but yesterday I went to Zumba sentao again at Z-Fit to get in a great cross-fit workout and there I did my measurements. I will share with you my measurements. I started getting measured, body fat, BMI there in October of last year. When I started that I was at 295 pounds, so I don't actually have measurements of me at my highest weight! 


I don't know how easy it is to read, so I will made a larger chart that shows the measurements! The picture is just the proof! I don't know why, but sometimes I have to see it to believe it and as a reminder as to where I was and where I'm going!


Date
Weight
 Chest “
Waist “
Hips “
Body Fat %
BMI
10/28
295.6
47
41
51.5
41.5
41.2
11/7
295.2
46
41
51.5
42.1
42.1
11/14
291.4
45.5
40.5
51
40.5
39.2
11/20
278.1
45
40
51
40.1
38.8
2/10
268.4
43.5
39
49
38.9
37.4
4/8
250.8
41.5
37.5
48.5
36.5
34.9

As you can see my darn hips don't lie...and don't want to lose their girth but I'm working on it! It's nice to be able to see progress! 

This morning I took my mom to the airport, she is on her way to Minnesota to be with her parents, as my grandpa isn't doing so hot; so she's going to see how she can help Grandma and Grandpa! I work today but when I got home I had told Abbie that I was going to run. So when I came and sat down in bed with her she asked if I was going to run to which I said, "I don't know if I'm going to go now or just go to sleep and then run when I wake up...want to go with me now?" To which she said Yes! So I had 3.5 miles on the books for today so we headed out together. We warmed up with a brisk 0.5 mile walk and then hit the pavement running. It was really nice to run with someone. I told her about halfway through that I was really enjoying the run and went on to explain that I still get nervous when I go out on busier trails or where cars drive along because when I'm by myself I'm still self-conscious and I anticipate the rude comments/stares. I think that is one (among many) of the reasons that I love running in the Bosque because it's just me on a rather quiet path! Occasionally there are other runners, walkers, and bikers. Normally they're nice and encouraging or just mind their own business...but when I run along Osuna or the Academy there's tons of people and cars and I'm oh so aware of my insecurities and feel vulnerable...and I don't like it!

Abbie was to meet a friend this morning for breakfast so with about 0.8 miles I just told her it was okay to go ahead of me and run faster so she could get home and get cleaned up to go...so she did...she busted out and booked it home (very impressive)!! As I was nearing the end of the trail I heard a male huffing and puffing behind me and he busts around me and almost brushes against my shoulder (unnecessary because Osuna is a very large trail) and sprints ahead but quickly slows down. As I gain footing on him I get a little excited because I knew I was going to pass him...as I pass on his left I just kept my distance looked at him and said, "beautiful morning for a run!"...he didn't have anything to say but I must admit it felt great to pass him! He could've been doing sprint-intervals...I don't know what he was doing but I still had to smile! I love running! It's freeing, satisfying, enabling, and gives me a feeling of confidence and raises my self-esteem! 


So I'm pretty sure I'm going to purchase the Garmin 220! I would go buy it right now but I must go to sleep because I work tonight, so my plan is to pick it up Saturday morning when I finish my three nights (last three night shifts) at work and that way I will have it for my next run this Saturday! I cross-train tomorrow and then I have Friday as a rest day and a 4-miler Saturday! Can't wait for my new toy! Definitely well-earned! I think of Dolvet's slogan on the biggest loser...I used to roll my eyes when I heard it but I think I understand it now, "Hard Work...Dedication!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment