Friday, April 18, 2014

Lesson Learned!

First week on days was a success! It has been really weird waking up in the morning and going to bed in the evening...but I think that I'm going to like it! Yesterday when I got off work I knew I had to run when I got home so I decided to have a 90 calorie fiber one bar and then I would be ready to hit the treadmill running when I got home! So I get home, change, and head to the gym. At first my watch was working and was spot on with my distance but then 0.2 miles into my run it stopped calculating my distance. I'm a little frustrated but it's probably something I'm doing wrong...not sure...but eventually I will get it all figured out! :) Anyways, about 0.5 miles into my run I started getting really bad abdominal cramping but I kept fighting through it hoping it would subside...I kept feeling very bloated and had cramping and then it hit me...at 1.23 miles I had to jump off the treadmill (intentionally) and hit the bathroom! What is the moral of this story? Do NOT eat a fiber one bar (especially before a run) unless you want to stop in the middle of your run to take a dump! Thankfully the restrooms are right next to the treadmills and I didn't have to worry about making it to the bathroom in time! ;) Afterwards I was able to get back and complete my 3.5 mile run! Sorry if this is a little more information than you would like to know...I'm just keeping it real and giving a forewarning to those of you who may have any thoughts of eating a fiber one bar before a workout...just don't do it! Clearly my ability to critically think had been impaired by a hard days work! :)

Today I had a blast at Zumba! I hadn't been to actual Zumba in a while...and the new routine is a blast...lots of hip-hop and jumping to get your heart rate up and pumping! It was a very nice release to just get out there...dance all worries away...complete abandon! One thing I really enjoy about fitness classes...and Zumba in particular is that everyone of all shape, size, and fitness ability stand up and feel/show that they are beautiful. There's no judgement....no snide remarks...just the beauty of each person's confidence shining on their face as they dance their bodies into shape! :D



Tomorrow...4 miles in the books! Looking forward to being outside for that run and getting some fresh air and Vitamin D...and hopefully tracking my work on my Garmin so I can share it with y'all!! I have more to share/write...but I don't want to make this too long so I will share more tomorrow! I hope you all are having a Good Friday! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment