Monday, April 21, 2014

Survive

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I certainly did...however, I did manage to consume almost 2,500 calories yesterday! Yikes! I didn't run yesterday but I did go swimming and Ben and Amanda swam with me as well...it was fun we swam for 60 minutes and the entire time we kept moving. If we weren't swimming laps then we were doing push ups, pull ups, sit ups, running etc. I woke up this morning and was actually pretty sore...so that was nice at least! However, all those calories were not worth it. I did not stay hydrated yesterday and I mindlessly ate and so here I am today writing about it. Live and learn...so today it's back on track! 

This morning I had some homework I had to get done so that pushed my run to the afternoon. I decided to go to the Bosque since that's more shaded than anywhere else I could really think of. It was 1300 (1 pm) when I finally got parked and going. Today was a rough run...first of all I hadn't had a ton to eat because I wasn't sure how long it would take me to finish my homework so I tried to not eat too much but I did drink water and some powerade zero to get hydrated before my run...well about 0.3 miles into my run I had to pee so bad! Of course there are no porta-potties out there so I was about to pull a mother-nature when I hear a ton of children! ACK! A school was on a field trip in the Bosque so I wasn't able to cop-a-squat...after finally admitting defeat and accepting the fact that I was going to have to run with a full bladder I tried to keep going. At 2 miles I was just feeling tired, shaky, and very dry, so I had some energy chews and that helped. I was able to finish my 3 miles in 40:14...definitely not my best run but I did it...and survived! :)

Here are my graphs from todays run:

Laps4
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary40:14.23.0013:24
113:19.81.0013:20
213:49.71.0013:50
313:02.31.0013:02
4:02.40.0010:19
Weather
73°
Feels like 73°
0 mph N wind
Humidity 20%
Source: KABQ

Timing

Expand

8:2016:4025:0033:2008:0012:0016:0020:0024:0028:00Pace (min/mi)
Elevation

0.511.522.534,9004,9505,000Elevation (ft)
Heart Rate

Expand

8:2016:4025:0033:2080100120140160Heart Rate (bpm)


The dips in the beginning are when I was trying to find somewhere "private" to do what was necessary...but that didn't happen...Between 16:40-25:00 is where I had to work my way around the school kids..and then the last dips are when I was getting my energy chews while attempting to run, unwrap, eat all at the same time...you can see how well that worked out! Not my most consistent run...but I'm just glad it's done. Lesson learned: make it work to either run in the morning or evening and pee before if I have been drinking all morning! Ugh!

Anyways...I have some pictures I wanted to share with you all. Yesterday I wore a dress that I wore back in June when I was at 300 lbs. It was the best looking of all my dresses I had to wear...and luckily I have pictures of me in it from June and I took (with the help of my sister Abbie) some current pictures yesterday! The neck hangs pretty low and that may be last time I wear the dress...but it was cool to see the progress. When I wore that dress in June I could barely get the belt buckle to latch on the last hole...and I could've used an extra 1-2 holes to make the belt tighter! It's cool to see progress! So here you go:

6-22-13

300 lbs

Guess I should've checked my old pics so I could've taken one without my sweater on! 

4/20/14 246.4 lbs...what a difference 63.6 pounds makes!
So there you have it!! :D I have one more thing I wanted to share. I love pinterest and I came across a wonderful article on running for newbies! It's titled Starting to Run? Abandon All Reason it was really encouraging and had some great advice such as: don't worry about speed, "go as slow as your pride allows"...Put on blinders, "believe you're the only person in the world who runs this well"....just an all around great article for those of you out there who are beginning to run! It was very encouraging to read after (what felt like my lame/awful/terrible) 3 mile run today! I am the only person in the world who runs this well for my body...my weight..my height...my age...I'm running like a rock-star! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment