Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Weigh In: Two steps forward...One step back..

I came into this weeks weigh-in having a feeling that I was going to gain...but I didn't think I would gain 2.2 pounds (248.6 pounds)! UGH! The only day I was over my calories (by 600 calories yikes) was Easter...all my other days I was within my limit. Yesterday I was at 1,525 calories, Monday I was at 1,579 calories...Sunday was 2,448 calories...Saturday was 1,894 calories...Friday 1,447 calories ...Thursday 1,420 calories...and Wednesday 1,640 calories. So I was well below my 1760 calorie goal except Sunday and Saturday. Saturday I did my 4-mile run and did 2 hours of blowing so I let myself have cake at my friends birthday party...maybe sweets just aren't my friends...or I'm getting bigger guns! I'd like to think it's the latter...but I don't know honestly! I also halfway wonder if changing from working nights and going to days has a part to play in it...time will tell! So what do I always do when this happens? Keep moving forward one day at a time! :D 

The Sunset as I was leaving work tonight...one thing remains true...the sun will still set and tomorrow is another day!
A goal for me this week is to stay hydrated. Last week (especially when I work) I have the tendency to drink about 24 oz. or less of water throughout the day and that's it! Today I was extremely proud of myself because I drank 64 oz at work..that meant I had no choice but to take a bathroom break...lest I wet myself in front of our patients! ;) Staying hydrated while I work is especially important seeing as how I go home and workout afterwards...it's amazing how much more energy you have when you've been drinking water all day long! Hahaha...who would've thought! 

Yesterday I was able to do my cross-training when I got off work...I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, I ran a 12 minute mile, and then did about 14 minutes of weight-lifting. Nothing too crazy...but here's my heart rate progression!


Heart Rate (Kind of fun to watch my intensity slowly increase and then the end is when I was lifting weights!
Expand
8:2016:4025:0033:2041:40100120140160Heart Rate (bpm)


This evening I even felt up to running my 3.5 miles! So I hit the treadmill to knock it out. I still haven't figured out how to get my watch to track my runs there...so I don't have anything but my HR chart to share! :D I ran 3.5 miles in 45 minutes...I went a total of 4 miles but 0.5 of those were warm-up/cool-down! Well...I have to go to bed...I gotta get up bright an early!!


Heart Rate (NICE AND STEADY HEART RATE! THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!)
Expand
8:2016:4025:0033:2041:4050:0080100120140160Heart Rate (bpm)Heart Rate:149 bpmTime: 7:59 h:m:s


I'm thankful we're given new days. That means if one is willing we are able to let go of the past and learn from it...and make choices as to how we live our future...I choose to keep moving forward!

One Day At A Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment