Sunday, March 2, 2014

Willpower is short-lived

It has been a good week. I've been able to catch up on homework, get some cleaning done, fit in my workouts and have pretty descent meals along the way! I'm actually excited for my weigh-in! In February I logged 56.5 miles! That's super exciting especially seeing as how in three weeks I will have completed my half-marathon relay!! :D I can't believe that it's almost here. 

I ran 7.16 miles (I will run 7.1 miles for the relay) on Saturday in 100 minutes. It was a little slower than I would have liked but I was happy that I was able to go the distance without feeling completely exhausted at the end! I now know for sure that I will be able to complete my half of the relay. Last night I had a 'nightmare' that I took so long to finish that Elise had to start running before I even got to the exchange point so that she could finish before they opened the roads back up and that I had to ride the bus to the finish line. It's funny because those are the things I worry about...I worry about being so slow they open the roads back up, I worry about being the last one to finish, I worry that I won't be able to make it..blah...blah...blah. None of those things really matter anyways, I know what really matters is that I'm doing it, regardless of what happens I'm going out there and doing it!

So no more worrying or dwelling on what may or may not happen because that's time and energy that could be spent elsewhere! Tonight I so badly wanted to take a spoon and finish off the cookie butter (if you've never tasted before DO NOT even tease your taste buds because it's absolutely addicting)! Instead of finishing it off I poured soap and water into the container and threw it into the trash. Yes, that was completely necessary because I knew I lacked the self control needed to just measure out 1 TBSP...and unfortunately I cannot just throw the container into the trash because I will go grab it out of the trash minutes later and eat it! Willpower is short-lived and to be taken advantage of when one has the strength to do so...so yes, I dumped soap and water into my cookie butter jar! 

Goodbye my delicious friend!
Well it is beyond my bedtime and I have 6 miles to conquer tomorrow, so I'm going to go crawl in between my sheets and get some shut eye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment