Monday, March 3, 2014

The Little Things...

I am loving the weather we are having here in New Mexico! Spring is in the air...and for some reason that makes it easier to get in the mood to workout...the smell, the temperature, the sun...everything calls for your body to get moving! 

I had the pleasure of meeting up with one of my nursing school friends for breakfast this morning. We just discussed the difficulties of fitting everything into your schedule! It's hard enough for me, being single, working full-time, going to school full-time, and having an occasional social life! I can't imagine throwing a husband, child(ren), etc into the mix and finding time to juggle it all in. 

I do, however, know that I am excellent at coming up with excuses not to work out. Every day I have to talk myself out of the excuse that I came up with to excuse my not going to workout! Making it my routine and a priority has been key to me keeping this up and going at it each and every day! BUT...I would be lying if I didn't say I do dread the days I work and have to squeeze in a workout...normally the quantity and quality of those workouts suffer because of my lack of motivation to get out of bed before going to work! 

So today 6 miles were on the books...so I killed it in 78 minutes (woohooo for beating my 80 minutes last week). And to make matters even better I did it without biffing it on the treadmill! I ran on the treadmill today just because my knee has been bugging me a little since I ate the belt of the treadmill...so I decided I would tell it (the treadmill) who the boss is...that may have involved an occasional stomp or a glare at the emergency stop button!

Sign of victory...over the dreadmill!
Tonight I snuggled into my footie pajamas (don't judge...They're warm and I'm saving on my electricity bill) and my sister decided she wanted to crawl in with me! I wasn't sure how it would pan out, but much to my surprise and delight she fit in them with me!! :D So we walked around making fools of ourselves (a secret no one will know) and of course took pictures....so here's one you may enjoy...don't laugh so hard you break a rib (that's painful)

I think this picture is self-explanatory
So there you have it...tomorrow I am going to Zumba and lift some weights and weigh-in! I normally weighed in on Wednesdays but because of my work schedule the last few weeks it changed to Tuesday, so I guess I will stick with it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being an inspiration!! Now to get on the ole running shoes and get my butt outside!!

    ReplyDelete