Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It's about time!

I am very happy with my weigh-in today! 263! Finally a loss...it's about time! That means I'm down 4.8 pounds from my last weigh-in! I just know I worked my butt off in my workouts and chose wisely before shoveling food into my mouth. I'm planning on keeping up this momentum going into my relay!! Plus I have to look my best when I'm around David and Elise, they judge me...Just kidding!

Zumba was a nice break this morning from running, just a little easier on the joints...and I will probably go pump some iron at some point today! I'm also going to try and come up with my meal plan for work this week...I have today and tomorrow to get that done! 

I was thinking yesterday on my run and today while doing Zumba how exciting it is to feel the changes that my body is making. I can feel that it's getting easier for me to breathe, I'm able to push farther and longer than each day before me. I wish I could see the internal changes, but if nothing else I can feel it. We're all given the raw material to work with but many times those skills and talents need to be further developed and grown. If we do nothing with what we have then they wither up...but when given the opportunity they rise to the occasion...with a little coaxing and patience along the way! 

It's funny because I came home today after my fourth interview (I'm applying for the charge nurse position on my floor) and I had an urge to chug some milk. Now let me start by saying I am by no means a milk lover, I use it in my breakfast, tea, I use creamer for coffee, and occasionally I foam some milk for a delicious latte...but I do not just drink a glass of milk. Well, let me tell you...I came home, measured out a cup, drank it, measured out ANOTHER cup and drank it too!! I have to say that's the oddest craving I have ever had, and I call it a craving here, not a binge because I stopped after my second cup! :D

This picture does milk way more justice than I would...so there you have it...thanks GOOGLE! ;)
That's all for now! Now that I'm full on milk I think the next best thing to do would be to go throw some weights around...be it my own or the machines...you never know which it will be!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment