Monday, August 11, 2014

Another day, another pound

Now that I've got my grocery shopping down I feel that it's okay for me to sit down and write this blog...I do, however, still have to go run today...that'll be immediately following this post! Today I weighed in at 222.2 which puts me down a pound from last week! Yay! I was looking at some older pictures and came across this picture from January 13, 2014 where I was at 282 pounds:

One of my most favorite shirts..EVER!
I just so happen to be wearing the same shirt today so I thought I'd share a comparison picture of me 60 pounds lighter:

Shirt says: I run...I'm slower than internet explorer on a 90's
dial up connection BUT I RUN!
Amazing what a difference 8 months can make! If that doesn't motivate me to get my run on today...I don't know what will! :) 

I'm happy with my one pound down but I know that I can do better so I'm happy to have gotten my grocery shopping done for the week. I know I've shared that I'm not a great meal planner, I did, however manage to portion out a lot of snacks and salads for my lunches this week! One thing I love that my sister Erika does in Florida is she portions out food and places them in a Ziplock bag or container so that way when you want a snack instead of grabbing out of the bag and guessing how much you're actually eating you grab out a portioned snack. Then you know exactly how much you're consuming! BRILLIANT! I also stocked up on more greek yogurt and berries...as you all know that's currently my favorite breakfast! Yummy! :D

I'm really loving my workout routine right now. I run on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and then cross-train Tuesdays and Thursdays. It works really well with my work schedule. Somehow managing runs on days that I work is really hard, I think it's just because I'm normally exhausted, however cross-training is a little easier so it works out to do those on the day that I work and only one run (normally my shortest of the week) during my work week. One of the hardest parts of going to the day shift was re-figuring out my routine and how I was going to fit everything into my schedule...and it's nice to finally have a bit of a routine going on. I am a creature of habit and so the faster I can get down a routine...the better! 

Well, I've got to get running (hahaha...literally)! I have a birthday this weekend and I want to be able to have ice cream!! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic, Maggie! (And so much like your sister Erika...;-) Which of course I mean as a compliment.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying I look like Erika is one of the sweetest compliments anyone could give me! Thank you, Katya!! :D

    ReplyDelete