Friday, May 2, 2014

Tune In(side) for Weigh-In

I'm only a couple days behind in my posting...so I apologize...but life can get busy! As you all know I gained 2.2 pounds and tried not to be discouraged this past week as I continued to work towards my goal. My efforts were not in vain...Wednesday the scale read 241.8...which means I lost 6.8 pounds! *happy dance* I'm very happy with that number..and hoping to keep up the momentum. This week at Zumba (z-fit)...I got measured. I lost an inch off of my waist and an inch off of my hips (FINALLY)...I felt like my hips didn't budge for the longest time! I can't remember the numbers (I would have to look back) but I remember how many inches I lost! :D

Tomorrow David and Elise run a 5K out in Dallas, "The Cinco De Miler"...sounds way cooler than the Run for the Zoo that I will be doing Sunday...either way I am really excited that we both have races this week! :) I'm excited to have an event to look forward to...it's fun to be with other people who are excited about running (and welcoming) and it's a great way to stay motivated along the way on this journey! Last year I Run/Walked the Run for the Zoo with my sisters Erika and Abbie and we finished in just over 45 minutes. 

Abbie, Me, and Erika

2013 Run for the Zoo


I may have to look for another run for June or July since my next event won't be until the Dirty Dash at the end of August! I think I might sign up for the Cherry Garcia 10K that is June 21 because that week I have a 7 mile endurance run scheduled for that week..so I know the 10k is short of the 7 miles...but I still may do that for my run. The fun thing is that it starts at 7 pm...which is a little different than morning runs, mix things up a little bit! 

I'm going to try to get up around 5:30 tomorrow morning so I can get up and knock out my 4 mile run..then I get to pick up my race packet for Sunday...and then I will have the rest of the day to enjoy! These past few mornings when I've been heading to work at about 6:10, as I'm walking outside and seeing the sun just start to come up I ache to go run...when it's still brisk, quiet, and peaceful! However, I am not a morning person, and if it's not necessary for me to be out of bed before 10 am...well...lets just say it is a rare occurrence. 

I'm actually wondering if I may need to wake up early in the morning before I go in to work on my run days so that I can just knock it out right away before I'm exhausted from a days work! Cross-train days are a little easier for me to do after I've worked my (normally) 13 hour shift because I don't have to push myself so hard...but running after I have worked is difficult. I just end up being very tired and wanting to simply walk! I'm not sure...time will tell! 

Oh! Today I had a super exciting moment when I asked my mom if I could try on her rings (that have never fit my larger than life hands) and much to my surprise they slid right on!!! I used to wear a size 13/12 ring! (like keychain size) and my mom wears a size 10 (I think)! I didn't think to take a picture until now, as I am writing this, but let me tell you..that was an exciting moment for me! Another exciting moment for me today is when I went to try on some plus size nike tops (1x) and they were too big on me!!!!! Oh my goodness...I could not believe it! Well, if I'm going to attempt to wake up tomorrow morning I have got to get to bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment