Monday, September 29, 2014

New Journey!

Why look who we have here...me...and a bit of spare time to throw together an update! I have a lot that I want to share so I will try to be as to the point as I can be! ;) I'm not excited to share this weeks weigh-in...but there's no hiding it. I'm at 218. Yeah, I used the, "I'm sick" excuse this week to slack on my workouts and not count calories. Now, was I really sick? Yeah...and I got my runs in...but I could've done better. I would start to count calories and then at the end of the day totally bow it on mindless/emotional/stress eating. I can definitely feel how my body does not like feeling this way...I'm bloated, bleck, and frustrated. I know, I'm full of great descriptives adjectives! So this past week sucked..so back to counting every calorie I place in my mouth...and I'm thankfully feeling better so back to pushing myself! I have to remind myself of this:

NOW - not- Tomorrow
Now that I've given you my confession I can move on to the more exciting news I have to share! At work I have been able to encourage and motivate some of my fellow co-workers to start, continue, and maintain their fight to get fit. I've been asked multiple times by many different people to go workout with them. People ask me all the time what I've done to get where I am (hehehe...pay no attention to this past week). I'm asked regularly to be a workout partner, accountability buddy...and I can't begin to describe how flattered I am that people want me to help them on their journey. Well, I started wondering what I could do to be an encouragement to others and open up their eyes to what they're capable of. So I came up with a simple solution...Running club! I know I've mentioned before that I'd love to join a running club/team and just meet up with people and just run. So this is what I'm doing:


I'm super excited to start this journey. Right now I've told people to plan on meeting twice a month for a 1-3 mile run (just starting out) and then depending on response I will add more runs and increase distance. I've already had 12 people sign up which totally blows my mind. I would've been happy with 5 people!! I'd love to see how things go with the staff on my unit and if all goes well then I'd love to make it a unit-wide invitation. This Saturday we're going to have our first run and it's an understatement to say I'm ecstatic!! If you told me even 5 months ago that I'd be starting a running group I'd probably laugh in your face. It's fun to see the places this lifestyle change is taking me. 



In addition to starting up this running group I've also been asked by a fellow nurse to help her accomplish one of her goals to be in the best shape of her life by next year. She wants to complete a triathlon and asked me if I would do it with her...of course I had to say yes! I'm super excited to train for this. There's a sprint triathlon (750 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3.1 mile run) that occurs for women only in Rio Rancho every August...that'd be right before her birthday so it'd be perfect timing! I'm honored to be able to do this with her! This means one thing...gotta buy some lady junk protection for bike rides!! ;)

Despite my not feeling so hot this week I got my long run in (8 miles) and it was the best I've felt during any of my long distance runs. If the sun wasn't set by the time I finished I would've kept going. I didn't look at my watch (pace) the entire time because I just wanted to go at a pace that felt comfortable for me and so I was surprised when I finished at a 12:12 pace! Here's a picture I snapped at mile 5 (as you can tell I need more practice snapping pictures mid-run):


This week is week 25 of my training...time flies when you're having fun. Three more weeks until the Duke City Half Marathon! I can't believe it's almost here. I'm so excited that my entire family is going to be here for it! Yes, Dad (and his wife), Mom, Olivia, Erika & Drew, Ben & Amanda, David & Elise, John & Lauren, Me (of course), Sam, and Abbie!! And of course I can't forget my nephews..October 19 is going to be an unforgettable day! Alright, that's all I've got for now..next week it'll be a more exciting weight loss post!

No comments:

Post a Comment