Saturday, September 6, 2014

Catching up!

Alright, I'm still alive...and breathing! If you hadn't guessed I started school again and things just get super busy and crazy when school starts back up which then leads to me having far less time to keep y'all updated! So I know I missed my last two weeks weigh-ins...so I will fill you in. Two weeks ago I lost a pound and was at 219...this past week I didn't lose so I'm still at 219 as of Monday! No excuses...just lack of good food choices and not as intense workouts. Simple as that. I'm pulling for a good weigh-in this week...I'm sure my 10-mile run in the morning will help with that! 

Every day closer to under 200!
Alright so I didn't get to share how the dirty dash went! Y'all know how much I love the dirty dash. There's just something about getting super muddy...pushing people you don't know from Adam out of a mud pit...flopping (in my case) over walls....hopping over hay...the whole experience is simply marvelous! I was really happy this year because they mixed up the course from the previous years...the last two years it was pretty much the same course and obstacles so it was really nice to have a change in scenery! I had lots of favorite parts but one of the best parts was when this poor kid was stuck at the very top of this tall wall that you have to climb up...and then flip over and go back down...well it gets pretty intimidating when you're at the very top and a little scary when you have to flip over to the other side! This poor kid is freaking out and all the sudden everyone just starts cheering for him and telling him that he's got it...and his (I'm assuming) dad climbs up and tells him he can do it...and sure enough...that little kid made it over the hump and crushed it! I love seeing things like that! So here are a few pictures from the dirty dash. I went with my good friend Krystal and her friend Cathy. Our team name was "Mind over Mudder" so we made some team shirts too!

Front

Back

Pre-Race

Post-Race!!
Yes, a good time was had by all! I can't wait to sign up for next year! My friend Krystal was a trooper...she wasn't feeling so hot and yet she still got out there and got dirty with us! Oh...so I have a funny story to share: so there's a huge slip 'n slide about halfway through the run and every year I've only been able to make it about a third of the way down before I have to stand up and run the rest of the way down...so I was expecting the same thing this time. So I get my running start, leap into the air, and start riding the water down on my stomach...expecting to come to a screeching halt halfway through...well, much to my surprise the farther along I went the more speed I picked up...and of course there had to be a girl ahead of me running...sliding..getting back up, running some more and sliding some more...I try to grab on to the slide and slow myself down but I somehow only make myself go faster...so I start yelling, "I can't stop! I'm sorry! Lookout! I'm gonna hit you! I can't stop!" .....you see where this is going? She takes another leap and starts sliding a little more and then looks back as I freaking bulldoze her over and we both go flying into the mud pit in front of us! Yeah, needless to say she did not think it was that funny! I wanted to say, "hey, at least it wasn't last year that I ran you over...you may not have survived!" but I didn't...I kept my head down and started running! ;) hehehe...it reminded me of my basketball days and setting a good screen for my point guard!! Good times! :D

I can't believe that the Duke City will be here in 6 weeks! Time sure has flown! I'm extremely excited for the run...but even more than that I'm excited to run with my family. I can't even begin to say how amazing it is that my brothers and sisters will be running by my side! More than that though...I'm just excited to be together with all of my siblings! It's going to be so amazing to be together...one of the downsides to having 4 brothers and 3 sisters is that it's very difficult to get everyone together...and I'm beyond ecstatic!

Well, that's about all that I've got for now! I will leave you all with a picture from the other evening! I'm trying to do more "full-bodies" to keep everyone in the loop...so I'm sorry this one is a little blurry but after 6 attempts to get my camera to focus I gave up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment