Monday, July 7, 2014

Hills kick my booty!

Alright so this will be quick and to the point! This morning I woke up with a vicious appetite but a desire to keep it in check! I'd say all things considered I did a pretty good job not letting mindless eating happen. I lied to everyone when I said I am leaving Thursday...it's actually Friday that I leave but I guess my subconscious was really hoping for Thursday. With that being said today I tried to get as much homework done so that I wouldn't have quite as much to do on vacation...sadly there will still be homework that'll need to be completed out there...but I was able to put a huge dent in some assignments! Only 2 more weeks in the semester! It has been a killer semester so I'm beyond ready to be done and never do 8 week courses ever again!

It was one of those days where your intention is to get a lot done...but in reality there's no chance of that happening. Most of my day was spent on my homework, I did manage to get laundry done (yay for me) and even made it to the store to purchase a duffle bag replacement since mine (from my basketball days/high school years) has seen better days. Hoorah for target clearance (I can say that now that I don't work there)! Also, Erika and Drew will be happy to know that I have some of this coming their way:


Being the good sister that I am, I try to stock up any New Mexican staples for my siblings. Normally my bag would include about 2-3 bags of green chile, some green chile dip, tortillas, etc...however Erika and Drew had only one request this time...Rudy's Bar-BW Sause! So that's what they get...plus the added bonus of me delivering it which is even better if you ask me!

I met up with my friend, Krystal at the gym! It was a hill run today so since I wasn't going up trusty Osuna I set the treadmill to a 10% grade incline...I quickly decided that was too much...after one run at the 10% I felt like I was going to fall off the treadmill (not an unheard of occurrence with me) and die (okay so I may be exaggerating a little but, I mean, come one)... and so I decreased it to 8% That was still a challenge but not so miserable that I was barely able to breathe 30 seconds in! So it was 8 runs "up hill" for 90 seconds and then walk..I took 2-3 minutes after each run. Normally I would walk downhill to recover, but I'm lazy and don't like having to mess with the treadmills incline between each rep so I just kept it at the 8% incline throughout. I really like my heart rate chart after these workouts...they say it all: 

Heart Rate
Expand
8:2016:4025:0033:2041:40110120130140150160170Heart Rate (bpm)


You can count each hill rep! Then afterwards I just jogged it out for a little and then cooled down! I was reminded of this when I let like stopping:



Well that's about it for now. I'd love to stay and chat but I gotta get up in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment