Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hello, Florida!

Can I just start out by saying how much I love Florida?! Okay, the fact that my sister, brother-in-law, and two ridiculously adorable nephews are here...this state is simply breathtaking! My flight(s) over were great, I was able to sleep on the first plane and met some interesting people during my layover and second flight! Who loves people watching?! This girl!!

It has been a hit the ground running type of vacation...Erika and Drew have been very supportive of my workout schedule. The day I arrived I had told Erika that I would need to do cross-training of some sort. I got in to Panama City around 2pm and then we meandered home (after eating at one of my favorite restaurants, Buffalo's Reef where they have delicious fried pickles and wings). Once we got home it was time to play a few minutes with my nephews and then get them up to bed. So by the time we were able to workout it was like 9:30pm(ish). Thankfully Erika and Drew stuck it out with me and we got in a killer workout that my legs continue to remind me about today. Drew has a workout app where you put in what you want to do, how long you want to workout etc. So we did 30 minutes of cross-training...lots of squats, lunges, and push-ups! My quads still freaking hurt so bad that I am not looking forward to my run in the morning! However, we did our workout even though we all wanted to go to bed!!


Oh yeah! Feeling awesome!
The next day I had a 6 mile run. Thankfully, Erika recommended doing a run 9 minute and walk 1 minute interval run...and boy was that a great idea. Running in Florida absolutely gives me an appreciation for running in dry New Mexico. I felt like my heart rate was sky high, when really it was just fine...but the freaking humidity was terrible! How terrible? Well halfway through I was so hot I took off my shirt and ran in my sports bra...and I didn't even care who saw! Yeah...that happened! But, again, we did it, and it was worth it! The boys rode their bikes along with us and showed off their awesome bike-riding skills!


Mine and Andrik's, "About to
workout face!"


Working it!
Afterwards I got to spend the afternoon working on my Master Lego Building skills with my nephews. A Master Builder is one who builds with the instructions in their brains...not on paper! So Andrik made a car for Gramme to ride in while I just made a vehicle that transported any willing individual:


My creation...don't hate!

Andrik's creation!
Today I enjoyed a rest from training and enjoyed going to my sister's amazing church in Niceville, Florida! This evening while Drew put the boys to bed I got to have some sister time with Erika...so we parked by the beach and walked over the Navarre Beach bridge that goes over the sound and enjoyed the evening sunset and each others company!


I adore my sister!

Breathtaking sunset!! Soak that in!
It's safe to say I am enjoying each minute of each day! Tomorrow I have 4 miles to run...later this week I have an 8 mile run...and if I'm being honest I'm not really looking forward to it in this humidity...but it will get me that much closer to my Half Marathon in October...plus I get to run it in good company, therefore it is impossible for it to be terrible! 

I'm changing my weigh-ins to Mondays because I hate weighing myself now on Wednesdays in the middle of the work week...so now it shall be Monday Weigh-Ins! I will keep you all posted! :D

Until then these two pictures describe rather accurately how my legs are feeling about now:




No comments:

Post a Comment