Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weigh In...almost a week late

Wednesday I weighed in at 240...I lost 1 pound this week and that one pound put me at a total of 80 pounds lost so far! Woot! I think this is the happiest I've ever been to see -1 on the scale. Slow motion is better than no motion which beats moving backwards...which trumps quitting! 

I'm starting to feel better now, thankfully! I haven't started running yet but I have taken a couple of "leisurely" walks this week and once I'm not coughing up crud I will start running. I just want to make sure that I don't pull everything further down into my chest making it last so much longer than it already will. Believe it or not I have actually missed my runs and cross-training days. I just want to be back to 100% and kick this bronchitis to the curb! :D I went swimming today and felt pretty good throughout the entire swim...so I'm hoping that means I'm close to being able to run! Plus I was even able to get dressed up for my sister's graduation party...so I would say I'm almost healed...



I am extremely excited that extreme makeover weight loss edition is back on TV...I'm out of date and have no DVR or TiVo so I have to wait until this weeks episode is posted online, which won't be until Tuesday I believe. Not only is the show motivating but I love watching the way that Chris Powell so lovingly and passionately cares for each and every individual. He truly desires for them to succeed and cares deeply about them and it is very touching for me to see that! More than that I love to watch the transformation that occurs within each person...their self-esteem increase, they start to love themselves, they set boundaries that were never in place before...the list goes on and on and I learn something new every show! Needless to say...I'm excited!

I found a wonderful quote this week that sums up how I have been feeling lately..so I will leave you all with it..."My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." - Maya Angelou 

No comments:

Post a Comment