Friday, June 20, 2014

Midnight Run

I'm sure you've guessed that I have been busy given the time since my last post! With work, school, and life things get busy occasionally making it difficult to find time to write. So I shall begin by updating you all on my weight. Last time I wrote 6/11 I was at 239. Then last week I weighed in at 237.2 so I had lost 1.8 pounds. This week I weighed in at 235 so minus 2.2 pounds. I feel like I'm finally making progress again after being stuck in the 240's for what felt like forever. I realized how much progress I'm making when I went shopping with my little sister, Abbie, at Old Navy. I decided I would just try on pants to see what size I would fit into...anticipating only fitting into size 20. For those of you who have never been plus size may not realize that there's a huge difference between 20 regular and 20 plus and 18 regular and 18 plus. The difference is that plus size "makes room" for larger hips and bigger calves, of which I have excess in both areas ;)...so I knew I would be happy if I could get into the size 'regular' 18...well to my surprise when I put on the size 18 they were baggy..so I went and grabbed a size 16 and was beyond ecstatic to see this:

16 regular

In addition to fitting into size 16 pants their XXL tops were too large! XL was a little big but the L's were a bit too small..

It's so nice to be able to see these changes happening. I know I've mentioned it before but there are times when even though my clothes are baggy I will look into the mirror and see the same me at 320 pounds...that's when I'm thankful for pictures to prove that is not the case. 

Aside from fitting into 'regular' pants I've been getting my runs in. I've decided that I really enjoy running with someone, and outside as opposed to by myself and on the treadmill! Last night when I got home from work I knew that I had to go run...the sun had already set so I was just going to go run on the treadmill. I asked Abbie to come with me, to which she said, "okay!" As we stepped outside I said, "we're running outside tonight!" so we quickly ran back inside, I grabbed by hydration belt and my armband that flashes a red light for night time running and we set out for a 4 miler. It was so quiet, calm, and peaceful. I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable running at night by myself but with someone else I would absolutely love to do more nighttime running. We ran up Osuna and got drenched by some sprinklers, enjoyed the sound of the crickets chirping, it was cool and I didn't start sweating until I was at mile 3! 

A picture of me and Abbie from a week ago! 

Every day it's a challenge to keep the fire burning. No one does it for me; it's a choice each and every day to make decisions that will either be beneficial for me or harmful. It's exhausting but each step I take in the right directions takes me towards where I want to be. I realize that the more weight I lose the less calories I can consume and the more I need to workout harder to burn more calories. I just remind myself that I can either throw in the towel or use it to wipe the sweat off of my brow (and neck, and arms, and armpits)!

No comments:

Post a Comment