Thursday, December 14, 2017

Weigh In & My Week

Monday I weighed myself in since it had been a week since I had started. Last week I weighed 311.6 and Monday the scale said 310. So 1.6 pounds down. Honestly, I'm rather disappointed that it wasn't more, however, the scale is moving in the right direction...so it's okay. Also...my roommate, Patrice lost 4 pounds this week!! She's doing weight watchers (WW) as well and CrossFit with me!

Last week I really struggled with counting my points on the WW app..it's so different counting points over counting calories. This week I feel like I'm doing a little bit better. The WW app is not as intuitive as the MyFitnessPal app. I haven't made it to a meeting this week but I'm hoping next week I'll be able to...I work the next three nights so I'm not planning on making it to one the rest of the week. 

I can understand how WW really focuses on nutrition. There are zero calorie foods (mostly fruits, veggies, but also eggs/chicken/and other foods. I have had more fruits and veggies in the last week and a half than I have in a long time. I also have been doing better with not eating out quite as much..and so far I've made good decisions while eating out...so that feels good. 

Anyways....

I'm really enjoying CrossFit. Monday I slept through all of the CrossFit class times so I went to the gym with Patrice and we repeated one of the classes that we did last week. It was great and one of the greatest times I've had at the gym. Tuesday I had to take the day off. Wednesday we did 4 rounds for time: 500m row and 10 reps of overhead squats (I only did 35lb). I finished in 17 minutes. Today we had 10 total front squats for max weight. I was able to squat 175 pounds! I felt so strong. I am really enjoying the weight lifting aspect of CrossFit. I also love how the trainers really make you focus on your form and make sure that you're being safe. 

Well, I work tonight so I'm going to go take a nap. But I took a picture of my breakfast this morning: 


2 slices Sara-Lee bread, arugula/spinach/prosciutto/tomato/3 poached eggs/balsamic vinegar/salt/pepper
Until next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment