Thursday, December 7, 2017

Another Day Down

I'm always so thankful for the support that you all show me whenever I write. It certainly motivates me to keep sharing my stories with you all. I had a friend, Lani, reach out to me and send me recipes for clean eating..which I am so appreciative of. I had so many kind words shared with me, so thank you!

So, holy smokes, I'm so freaking sore. I am more sore than when I finished my half marathons. I think it's because it's not just my lower legs, it's my abs, obliques, shoulders, freaking FOREARMS...EVERYTHING. I went to Crossfit again Tuesday and I took yesterday off. I'm planning on going to class this morning at 0900.

For those of you wondering why I'm writing a blog post at 0330, I work night shift and have been trying to stay on a "night shift" schedule. This has really helped with my sleeping. I go to bed in the morning, get up in the afternoon...see people if I can, run errands, and then come home...work on homework, clean, hang out, and try not to eat too much food. This is my first week of being successful at staying completely on nights and my body feels so much better. When I go back and forth between days and nights I feel pretty crappy and get headaches and I have a really hard time knowing when I should and shouldn't eat...because sometimes I would stay up for 24+ hours. We will see how this goes. It's always hard to be up and it be dark outside and sometimes it does make me feel depressed which is why I try to get outside when I can. I also know that exercising will help me just feel better overall (or at least that's what they say...I feel beat up right now).

I just know that I'm going to go to work and have two patients that have foleys and I'm going to have to squat to empty their drain, and then they'll be Q2H turns so I'll be in there turning them every two hours...I just know that's what is coming!!

Today I logged my food under the weight watchers app. It is pretty cool that they have "no point" foods...that you can essentially eat as much as you want of those items. However, it's really hard for me to get in the mindset of a point system over a calorie system. I'm going to try and give it a go though and see how it goes. I need to find a meeting time that works well with my schedule...but I think that going to a meeting would probably be beneficial for me.

Tonight, I started to eat some ice cream that I had in the freezer...and I had to quickly pour water in them and throw them all away. I have low calorie ice cream in my freezer...but is that what I wanted to eat?! NOPE! So hopefully just not having it there will be helpful...and it's melted by now and watery so there's no remorseful quick grabbing it out of the trash!

So, that's where I'm at today. I work the next three nights...so I plan on CrossFit this morning, and then a walk one of my other days of work.

Oh hey, on a positive note, I just submitted my final paper/assignment for this semester of my MSN program. I'm officially halfway done with my degree!! YAY!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment