Monday, March 2, 2015

One-derland!

I've been fighting for this day for far too long. Today my weigh-in left me with a smile on my face! For the first time in ages I saw a 1 at the beginning of my weight! When was the last time I was in the 100's? Probably about 5th grade! I honestly don't remember that last time I was under 200 pounds. Today I weighed in at 198.6!!! I even took a picture (after stepping on and off of the scale about 10 times):

One-derland!!!!

Of all the weeks that I would've thought I'd get below 200...this was not the week I thought it would happen. I took all of last week off from running because of a cold. While I was being way more cautious of what I was eating since I wasn't exercising I never would've thought that I'd lose that much. Last Monday I had actually gained weight putting me at 202.2 so I had gained 1.8 pounds. Now to keep the scale from going back above 200..I don't even want to see that again! 

The Dallas Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon is less than three weeks away! I'm so excited to be headed out there again to log some miles in the beautiful city of Dallas with my family! I was really impressed with how the Rock 'N Roll was put together last year and I'm excited to do it again...and go the full 13.1 miles this time!! 

I ran 5 miles today. It was definitely slower than I would've liked at a 12 minute/mile pace but that's okay. I'm just thankful I was able to get out and do it. It was overcast and beautiful running weather. There weren't that many people out though walking/biking/running...for which I was thankful as I had an abundance of phlegm and was spitting loogie-rockets every couple minutes...no targets to fall victim to my spit ;) Y'all know how good I am at tagging running targets with my spit! 

It has been a while since I've Rosie'd it up! ;)

The day I went below 200 pounds! :D

Well I know that's not the best update...but it will have to do for now until I have more time to write!! I was reminded today on my run that it's not about how fast you run...it's about running the race with endurance and perseverance. We're all covering the same distance. Some faster and more efficiently than others...but what matters is that we never give up, we get up when we fall, and we push on and finish with our heads held high! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment