Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Who Has Time to Write?!

You know, I never really thought of myself as a klutz...that was until this past month! I've fallen and/or nearly fallen more times than I'd like to admit. However, last Monday when starting out my run, I fell again...but this time something about it finally sunk in...or I'd just smacked my head hard enough this time. I was only 0.19 miles into my run and as I was just getting up on the sidewalk from crossing the street my toe caught on the hub of one of the water meters and I totally ate the sidewalk! It really must've been a hysterical sight for a bystander. On a more serious note, what I realized as I jumped right back up and kept running I didn't say to myself, "well, you fell...guess your run is over...go back home...you're done." No, I got back up and kept running! Just because I fell it didn't mean that I had failed and it didn't mean that my run no longer counted or that I couldn't continue on...it just meant I'd have a few scars by the end of it all. It just sunk in that that is where I have been on my weight loss journey. I've been stuck down...but let me tell you, I'm getting back up! Then my mom told me about the Elite runner, Hyvon Ngetich, who with less than 0.2 miles left to finish her 26.2 mile marathon, fell...but that didn't stop her. As the article said, "Ngetich never stopped moving forward...Ngetich crawled to the finish line." You can read about it and watch the video of this hero finishing her race right here!!! Such an inspirational story of determination and perseverance! Oh that I would have such determination! She didn't get 26 miles and fall and say, "Well I guess I'm done. Guess that's over. I blew it. Bummer!" No! She freaking crawled to the finish line! 

Ngetich's story reminds me of a couple of my favorite Bible Verses:  Hebrews 12:1-2, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witness, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." and then Romans 5:1-5, "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peach with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into his grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

My pictures have nothing on Ngetich's story...but I'll share them anyways! :D


Death trap valley...the brown square!! ;)


Alright so quick update on my weigh in. Last Monday 2/9/14 I was at 203.2 and this Monday 2/16 I weighed in at 200.4. I'm happy with that. Just planning on keeping my head up and continuing to count every single darn calorie I place in my mouth! :) Last week I did pretty well controlling my binges. There were a couple nights I came home after work and just wanted to eat but pulled it together and made it through the night without causing too much damage. This week has been pretty good so far as well...slowly but surely! If nothing else I'm persevering and enduring which is giving me hope that I will make it through this! :D Tonight was a good run too...finished 5 miles in 53:48:8 so a 10:42 minute/mile pace! Woot!! 


So there you have it..the latest and greatest! Sorry it has been a while..who has time to write?! Not this girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment