Monday, January 12, 2015

Control

Control. That word has taken on a whole new meaning to me these past couple months. I've said this before and I keep saying this to myself: there's not a lot in this world that we have control over but we do have control over our actions and reactions. The first half of this week I did really well with my caloric intake and getting my workouts in...then the second half really sucked. I got my workouts in...but I consumed a ridiculous amount of calories the last three days...and my weigh-in reflects that. 204.6. Ugh. 3 pounds...I'm pretty sure I gained those 3 pounds over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So that really sucked. I wish I could explain the feeling I get when I go on binges. I become like a crazy person...and even though I physically feel no hunger whatsoever and am conscious of the fact that I should not continue to consume food..I continue to shovel it into my mouth. It's crazy and annoying and frustrating and makes me feel out of control.

I did not want to go on my run today. I was sitting on my living room floor doing my Bible study and procrastinating going out for my run (yeah I know it's hard to believe that I procrastinate). However, as I was finishing up my study I came across a section in my study that really encouraged me and motivated me to go out and get my run on. Acts 1:8a "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere..." You see...I'm weak. I don't have the strength to make it through each day without my Lord and Savior. I was reminded that those who believe are given power through the Holy Spirit. Do you hear how amazing that is? I then went on to 2 Timothy 1:7 where we're told, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." Well, that's all I needed to hear to be able to go on my run and make it through the rest of my day, with a smile I might add! 

Smiling because I have a new motto: 2 Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity,
 but of power, love, and self-discipline"


Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary1:00:00.45.3211:17
111:14.21.0011:14
212:13.11.0012:13
312:14.51.0012:15
410:41.91.0010:42
510:15.01.0010:15
63:21.60.3210:39

Here's the breakdown from my run today. The last two miles I kept a verse in Tasha Cobbs, "Break Every Chain" it says, "There is power in the name of Jesus/To break every chain/To break every chain/To break every chain" and somehow I was given the strength to push myself a little harder. After my run I said out loud, "That was awesome"...yeah running is great but encountering God and receiving His power is greater!

Status-Post 5-Mile Run!
So I made it through the day without a binge...I am going to brush my teeth after I am done writing this and jump in my bed before I can ruin it! Tomorrow at work me and one of my co-workers are heading up a weight loss challenge. We'll way in every Monday or Tuesday for 5 weeks and there'll be a cash prize for the top 3 losers! I'm excited to have this extra side of motivation for the upcoming weeks. I'm seriously sick and tired of being in the 200's. I've been here way too long. I'm determined to get below 200 by the end of the month! There. I've said it. That's my goal for the month. Another goal for the month...no more binges. It's not going to be easy...but I'm going to take it one day at a time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment