Monday, December 15, 2014

Weigh In: and a little bit of real talk!

205.2 is what my darling scale said today. Yeah, we're not on talking terms right now...however, me and the bag of m&m's have been on talking terms all week long...clearly! So it's very clear I have some things I need to deal with because my emotional eating has been off the charts these past couple weeks...and I have a half written blog about it all...but I don't want to deal with it so it's staying there in my drafts until I'm ready to hash it out. 

It's not funny but I feel in a way like I'm back at the starting point. And honestly in a way I am mentally. I'm not quitting, I'm just learning how to move on and this has been one of those times where I really need to learn to do something other than eat when my emotions get the best of me. Have any of you seen the weight watchers commercial about emotional eating? If you haven't you should...Just about every time I've seen it I've been on my couch A) eating m&m's B) eating chips or C) drinking a glass of wine and eating popcorn with m&m's mixed in the bag. Yeah I wish I was kidding but I'm not. Here's the link to the commercial if you haven't seen it: Emotional eating in a nutshell! Ha! I'd eat that too if I could!

Today I dragged my booty out of my apartment and went for a 4.5 mile run and that was the best thing I could've done for myself. I've made it through today without binge eating (I'm literally going to jump into my bed after I'm done writing this so I don't have a chance to screw today up). I'm going to have to start taking each moment as it comes and really think about what and why I'm putting in my mouth. 

I will share with you all, eventually...but some things really suck...and they suck even more to share with the world. I know it'll be good when I do share it because I feel it will help a whole lot of people out there...but I have to help myself first. So until then, hang in there with me as I try to get myself together and get back on track...after all...I have a goal to meet and determined that nothing will stop me, even a few backslides and round kicks to the face...I can take it...and I will come out stronger because of it all. 

Oh! This week was not all a bust...I had a PR at my 5K!! I ran it in 33:19:7...so a 10:42 pace. I'm enjoying watching myself get faster and being able to push myself harder...just because I haven't been eating like I should doesn't mean I have been slacking on my running...could I be doing better? Yes, but I've been getting my 3-4 runs in each week. This week I'm going to try to do at least 3 runs and 2 cross-training days! That always works well for me...so prayers are much appreciated this week and a slap of the hand if I go to reach for some chocolate...I did some serious purging of junk food tonight from my house...can't have any crap around at this point!



Haha...I just had to include this picture because my face is too epic not to share with the world! Just saying!

And...I had my work Christmas party this weekend and got to wear my clearance dress from Anthropology again!! Oh how I love this dress! I feel fierce, beautiful, and unstoppable in it...hey maybe I'll start running in it?!  So here's the last picture of the night...I'll write again soon...

Lucky for my coworkers the party fell on my shower day! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment