Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Silence

...
...
...

It has been a while since I've given y'all an update. I'd like to say sorry but sometimes it's nice to take a break...and honestly it gets frustrating writing the same thing over and over...gain one week...loss another...gain another...loss another...back and forth. That's what y'all missed this last month...so as a result...I have remained silent. 

I was sick last week and so I only ran last Monday and then didn't workout the rest of the week. The week prior to that I was just a slacker and had no desire to workout...and so I didn't. However, it is almost 4 weeks away from September 12, the day of the triathlon, and it is time for me to quit slacking, get off my derrière and kick it into full gear. Erika has been working her butt off for this triathlon. I'm so proud of her! I wish I lived closer to her so on days when I didn't feel like going she'd come running around the corner bright-eyed and chipper (like she used to on mornings when we'd go on walks together) and drag me along regardless of my desire to workout! Alas, I do not live around the corner from her and therefore it is up to me to motivate myself and get going on days when I'd rather do anything BUT workout! :)

After my 8-miler...on the treadmill..yuck!


I weighed in yesterday at 209.8. As y'all know it's my goal to be under 200 by the time I go to Florida...with 4 weeks left that means I've got no wiggle room! I've got to put in the workouts and I've got to count my calories. I had a lovely bike ride this evening and I ate terribly today. So I can't change the fact that I consumed way too many calories...but I can learn from it and move on. I really need to focus on my nutrition. It's my goal for the next 4 weeks, if nothing else, to really track my calories. I need to get back in the habit of counting calories and being more mindful of what I'm eating. That is so much easier said than done but I'm going to make it happen...no eating until I have added the meal in front of me into my calorie counting app and know that I'm within my calorie goal. For those of you who are wondering, at this time, my daily calorie goal is 1,500. I think this is a perfectly reasonable number...it allows for descent size meals and a couple snack throughout the day as well. 

My bike ride tonight felt great...I rode back on the trail where I had my accident...and rode very cautiously! I will admit I was very timid as I passed families out on their walks or bike rides...thankfully there were no accidents and it was a beautiful evening! It felt great to be outside. I am surprised by how much I love riding my bike! It's my goal to get up before I work in the morning and run...so with that being said I'm going to R-U-N-N-O-F-T!!! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment